Monday, January 18, 2016

Make Over Crab Salad

I'm feeling "crabby" today... so for my "Monday makeover" I am going to makeover my favorite crab salad. This will be a typical makeover recipe, where I put the made over recipe first and then my original recipe. That way you can make which ever one you want.

Make-Over Crab Salad (175 calories) 

Ingredients

  • 1 1/2 cup imitation crabmeat
  • 1/4 cup shredded carrots 
  • 1/4 cup green pepper chopped
  • 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
  • 1 green onion chopped
  • 1 small clove garlic minced 
  • 1/2 cup mayonnaise
  • 1 tablespoon white vinegar
  • 1 tablespoon white sugar
  • 1 teaspoon parsley 
  • 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
  • 1/8 teaspoon black pepper

  1. Directions:
  2. In a medium bowl, gently pull apart (flake) the crabmeat. Next mix mayonnaise, vinegar,
  3. sugar, parsley, salt and pepper with crab meat. Toss in chopped veggies and fold with 
  4. ease until thoroughly combined. Refrigerate overnight, stirring occasionally. Stir again 
  5. just before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment