Tuesday, October 7, 2014

"Tuesday's with Dorie" - Sunny-Side Up Apricot Pastries

Today, it was all about the PUFF... the puff, the pastry puff, no Trouble! :)

        Our "Tueday's with Dorie" baking group challenges this month is all about the sweet and savory side of Puff Pastry Doughs. I have not made my own puff dough for a very long time and it was fun to give it another try. Our first challenge is to make Sunny-Side Up Apricot Pastries (we used peaches), my guys are not apricot fans.


One thing I learned a long time ago was that the butter you are working into the dough has to stay cold, so following the hints that both Julia and Dorie gives us are very important. Also, I feel like I get a better flake pattern when I let my dough warm up a little bit between cutting the shape and baking them.



You can check out other fans and fun recipes at  "Tuesday's with Dori".

No comments:

Post a Comment