Tuesday, December 27, 2022

TWD: Chocolate Babka



Okay.... So it’s time for our holiday baking with the “Tuesday’s With Dorie” group that I bake with and several years ago I tried my hand at the “Chocolate Babka” that everyone was raving about. Traditionally it is filled, rolled into a loaf and covered with a very yummy streusel topping, but here at the pantry, my little helping hands mistakenly added the streusel in the middle before we rolled it and they wanted to make it star shaped like another recipe the girls were looking at, so we drizzled vanilla glaze over the top of ours. Another side note: our loaf is filled with homemade chocolate cream cheese filling made with fresh ground cacao nibs that my friend gave us, instead of the unsweetened cocoa powder that the recipe calls for. Loved how easy and pretty my loaves turned out. 



The recipe can be found in Dorie Greenspan’s “Baking with Dorie: Sweet, Salty and Simple”. On page 35. 



Also… there is an awesome group of photo instructions explaining how to make the Star Shape can be found at the following link: Star Shaped Brioche

No comments:

Post a Comment